We take so much for granted, very often come to realise when it’s a little too late, damage is done, & deterioration has deeply set in, so now is the time to take charge for improved quality of life! If ever you ask anyone what they would love most, they will almost indefinitely mention health as number one top of the list. With health we can climb mountains, swim across oceans, help others, find love, and obtain wealth.
We consume food at least three times a day on average, why not make that fuel count and ‘nutrify’ each and every single organ and living cell, as we have one body, one life, lets make it count.
Consuming healthy well balanced meals from all food groups (fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, legumes, grains, herbs, spice, edible roots & flowers), as well as eating from rainbow colours (white, yellow, orange, red, green, red, blue, purple, black, brown), daily sunshine D, exercise, and relaxation leads to good health.
In today’s world where toxins are rife, they linger in the air that we breathe, swim in our waters, and leach into our depleted poisoned soils, it’s imperative that we start to heal ourselves with whole vegan foods, in order to detoxify our bodies & our minds from the daily garbage, grunge, heavy toxic metals, pollutants, and the violence, and start cleaning up and taking good care of our ecosystems. Health starts on our plates, as does peace.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, interestingly enough when you slice open an apple, we find a picture frame of ‘lungs’. There are off course many precautionary measures one can take to continued lung health, and foods, as vegans, we are certainly spoilt for choice!
• Avoid smoking & vaping
• Avoid exposure to pollutants as best as possible
• Prevent infections
• Exercise regularly
• Practice breathing in deep
• Improve posture
• Encourage exposure to sunshine D (at least 30 minutes per day)
• Stay hydrated
• Reduce sodium intake
• Eliminate household toxins
• Improve air flow/circulation in the home
• Maintain desirable weight
• Laugh a lot!
• Enjoy more foods for lung health (see below to encourage)
– Coniferous veg (cauliflower, kale, broccoli, cabbage)
– Chlorophyll – antioxidants that rid body of toxins
– Consume bright orange & red veg. Carrots contain carotenoids & beta which convert to A, lowering risk of lung disease
– Omega 3 reduces inflammation, coconut oil, nuts, as well as flax seed help
– Spice up meals with curcumin, turmeric, ginger, garlic – these contain antioxidants with anti-inflammatory and antibiotic benefits that help fight infection
Carrots, sweet potato, kale, spinach, berries, apricot, papaya, cantaloupe, mango
Strawberries, melon, broccoli, melon, kiwi fruit, cabbage
Guavas, watermelon, tomatoes, papaya, grapefruit, sweet rep peppers, asparagus, purple cabbage, , mangoes, & carrots
Goji, wild berries, dark chocolate, pecans, artichoke, elderberries, kidney beans, cranberries, cilantro, clove, cinnamon, oregano, turmeric, cumin, parsley, basil, ginger, thyme
Pistachios, dried fruits (prunes high), bananas, avocado, spinach, sunflower seeds
Enjoy, life is too short not to!
Do let us know how you are taking care of lung health